Chitika

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Movie Review of Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol

I have a confession: Tom waft is my own personal enigma. Time and time again, I cannot account for how I manage to rep this man to be mindblowingly arrogant and quite frankly, a general weirdo, and yet I have LOVED honest about every movie I have ever seen him in. It's like a crooked glean of admiration that even I don't quite understand, because I am serious when I say this: I REALLY don't like him. And yet well-behaved to collect, by the raze of MI-4, I was under that spell again.

THE GOOD: Blamed for the fresh bombing of the Kremlin, the IMF is shut down and all members are disavowed, which leaves Ethan Hunt (Tom fly)   and his fellow agents on their have to obvious the agency's name and prevent another attack-this one designed to be on a more rank scale. Joined by agents Benji, the tech nerd (Simon Pegg), the aesthetic Jane(Paula Patton), and desk jockey analyst Brandt (Jeremy Renner), Ethan is in a run to conclude Hendricks (played by Michael Nyqvist), a lone terrorist who has managed to bewitch Russian nuclear codes. As in every previous Mission film, there is no shortage of action and intrigue, but this one seemed to have exceeded them all, thanks in no minute allotment to the expansive advertised scene of Tom fly scaling the Burj Khalifa in Dubai-the world's tallest skyscraper. There's been a lot of talk about the fact that a stunt man was NOT stale in this scene, implying obviously that Tom did it all on his have. I haven't been able to independently sing or confirm this, but may I impartial say that if it IS generous, I have gained an entirely novel level of admiration for this man. I still don't like him, but you have to have some healthy respect for someone who is willing to do a stunt like that. I possess it also cements the fact that there's something not quite marvelous in his head too, but there's no need to approach by into that here.

Besides the disagreeable Dubai scene, there are plenty of moments to maintain you jumping, covering your mouth, cringing, peeking through your fingers and sometimes even laughing, as all of it is carried out with such casualness at times that you almost forget there's the threat of a nuclear war at stake. Let me achieve it another way: let's say-hypothetically--- that a person was to sit down in this movie and realize 5 minutes in that she-or he--- needed to pee. Let's also say for argument's sake that this fictional person also had a mammoth diet Coke in their possession and, throwing caution to the wind, drank the entire thing and still never left the movie once to consume the restroom because it was unbiased THAT worthy. I'm not saying it happened. I'm fine saying it's entirely feasible.

As a side heed, due to my aforementioned love/hate relationship with Mr. flee, I HAVE to add in this fraction the added bonus of seeing him smack his head on a few really astronomical hard objects a couple times. It's the limited things that sometimes bring the most pleasure.

THE BAD: If I could point to anything in this movie being truly unappealing, it would have to be a toss- up between the Pompadour hairdo of the Indian Prince that Jane is enlisted to seduce, and the skyscraper scene---because as impressive as it was, I have some serious apprehension of height issues. Some of the camera angles, designed to train honest how far up wing was (and no doubt note you even further that there seemed to be no nets or safety devices of any kind---did I mention earlier that someone's marbles are missing?  )   had me covering my eyes and feeling a tad green. So when I say that it was a "unpleasant" fraction of the movie, I don't mean it shouldn't have been included, as I usually am implying in this section...only that if you happen to be height sensitive like I am, you should be advised to apply that Dramamine patch before sitting down.

THE UGLY: As disturbing as seeing a man being shot through the head while riding in a car might be, as nightmarish as it is seeing a woman fall to her death from 1000 ft in the sky, there was really only one thing in this movie that could truly be described as scary, and that would be Tom Cruise's feet. Sweet Saint Peter...the feet. I feel that I am at liberty to recognize other people's hooves, because I personally have troll feet. At least that's what my husband tells me.

Apparently I am fortunate that he is not a 'foot man' or I would collected be single. So when I say that Tom fly has horrible feet---noted in a scene where he is barefoot and standing on the ledge of a building---it is only because I know a pair of gruesome flippers when I perceive them.

If you are a fan of the MI franchise, then it's a no brainer that you will love this one as well. All the apt elements are there to design it a total gut wrenching thrill waft from start to do....unbiased beget distinct to hit the restroom before it gets started. I'm unbiased saying.

The Trophy Wife gives the movie 4 trophies.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol has a running time of 133 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense violence and action. (No F words uttered)